NCG CAM Solutions Ltd, UK officially released NCG CAM v16.0. This release includes a number of new features including Selected Surface Machining for Waterline Passes, Combined Passes for Waterline & Constant Stepover, Tangential Extension for Raster Passes, 5-Axis Flank Machining, as well as many new user interface features and enhancements.
In NCG CAM v16.0, a new feature has been added to extend the ability of the ‘Machine Selected Surfaces’ to include Waterline passes. This new feature in NCG CAM v16.0 extends the ability of the ‘Machine Selected Surfaces’ to include Waterline passes. This provides the ability to machine up to the surface edges without the need to create a boundary, in the same way as can be selected for the Shallow strategies, Raster, Radial and Spiral.
A new routine is available that allows the creation of Waterline Passes between the upper angle of 90° down to a specified lower angle. Constant Stepover Passes are then created to 'fill in' the shallow areas between the specified lower angle and 0°. Linking is a single operation from the top down, so that the linking order is a combination of waterline, constant stepover, waterline, etc. This strategy will give a smoother finish because it allows the machining to be done in a single operation, avoiding the problem of cutter wear.
Another new feature in NCG CAM v16.0 allows Hole Plans in the Tree View to be ‘Tagged’ and identified with a coloured marker if they have previously been used to generate drilling cycles. This visual difference makes it easier to identify the remaining holes that require machining.
In previous software versions, extending raster passes, would allow the cutter to roll over the edge. A new extension option creates passes that are extended at a tangent to the ends of the existing passes and therefore extend the path beyond and away from the material being cut. The result of this is that sharper edges are maintained. A horizontal pass extension has also been added.
Improvements in NCG CAM v16 will include:
- Better handling and positioning of the Toolbars when the graphics window is narrow.
- The ability to dock the Process Manager.
About NCG CAM Standalone 3D HSM CAM Software
NCG CAM is stand-alone CAM system offering an easy to use HSM CAM solution that integrates with existing CAD and CAM systems. It is suitable for all types of forms, creating an optimised, smooth cutter motion ideal for 3D HSM, which will help to extend tool life, minimise wear on the machine tool and producing parts with an excellent surface finish.
NCG CAM has a very user-friendly interface, with a typical learning curve of just 1 day is required to machine a live job. It is perfect for the high-speed machining of moulds, dies, prototypes and precision surface machining.
- Very user friendly interface – making it suitable for even occasional users
- NCG CAM offers many advanced 3D machining routines, rest roughing & 3 + 2 capabilities for all tool-paths, a simultaneous 5-axis add-on module is available
- Fast and efficient roughing strategies, including core roughing and adaptive clearance
- Comprehensive drilling routines – includes automatic hole detection and / or user defined holes
- All machining routines are fully gouge protected for both the cutter and the tool holder
- Rest area option for finishing strategies to minimise any air cutting
- Perpetual Licenses are available and will NOT be discontinued
- Stand-alone CAM software that is compatible with ANY other CAD package
- Extremely easy to use with just 1 day's training required to machine a live job
- Ideal for shop-floor programming
- Gouge protection for cutters and holders
- All post-processors are written in-house
- Powerful 3D machining
- Tool-paths optimised for HSM
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced wear on machine
- Extended tooling life